In this article, we are going to see some Upright Vacuum Cleaner Tips. Some people are obsessed about cleaning their home, while for some it is a chore. Whatever may be the case, maintaining a clean household is very important especially, when you have children and pets.
Upright Vacuum Cleaner Tips
When we think of the most important cleaning tool in our armory, the first thing that comes to our mind is a vacuum cleaner. The choice of vacuum cleaners that is available in the market these days is huge and very impressive. Upgraded vacuums with new designs, technologies, and accessories have made our cleaning task a breeze.
How to find the best vacuum cleaner for your home?
Finding the best vacuum cleaner for your home depends on your house’s layout, your lifestyle, any health issues that you might have, your budget, etc. Buying a vacuum cleaner might be a significant investment for most people, so it is essential to understand the requirements and then finalize on the best choice.
There are several types of vacuum cleaners available in the market. However, most vacuum cleaners can be differentiated into two broad categories – upright vacuum cleaners and cylinder vacuum cleaners. Now, let’s see how to find the best vacuum before going to Upright Vacuum Cleaner Tips.
How to find the best upright vacuum cleaner?
- Have a home with carpets covering most of the floors
- Cannot or do not prefer to bend down while vacuuming
- Are looking for something which can be easily moved
If all the above conditions check, then consider buying an upright vacuum cleaner.
Upright vacuum cleaners are full-size models with wide cleaning paths of up to 15 inches and also have a corded power supply. Upright vacuum cleaners have revolving, belt-driven brushes that can help loosen and sweep the ingrained dirt in carpets.
An upright vacuum cleaner has big-time suction power; if you have a huge house and lots of traffic, this type will suit you the best. Most upright vacuums are well suited for hardwood floors as well. This type of vacuum also has extension cords to increase their reach and also come with attachments to clean under furniture, crevices, stairs or dust windows.
Upright vacuums are generally more compact than canister type vacuums, and they take up less floor space as they store upright. Upright vacuum cleaners come in different types such as bagless, bagged, corded and cordless versions.
Bagless vs. Bagged
- Bagless upright vacuum cleaners are generally more efficient than the bagged upright vacuum cleaners.
- Bagless upright vacuums are more convenient to use as you don’t need to worry about disposing of a dirty bag. You can simply remove the bin and dump the dirt into your garbage bin. It also saves the additional cost of bags.
- In the case of bagged vacuums, the dust and debris collected from vacuuming the floor are collected in a bag. Due to this, the dirt capacities of bagged upright vacuums are more than their bagless counterparts.
- Bagless upright vacuum cleaners are convenient to use and are low maintenance devices. They also have higher suction capacities than bagged versions.
- To empty a bagged vacuum cleaner, you need to carry it outside and then unclip the bag. Unless you are very careful, dust can be released into the air when you remove the bag.
Corded vs. Cordless
- Cordless upright vacuum cleaners are more powerful and efficient. With the advent of technology, battery performance has been improved a lot.
- Cordless models are lighter in weight and more agile. However, they are still not as efficient as their corded cousins.
- Cordless upright vacuum cleaners are relatively quieter to use. You can also easily carry them across your home and clean all the nook and corners.
- If your apartment is small and there is less floor space to clean, cordless models might work for you. There is also an advantage of not tripping on the cords!
The brush type
- Upright vacuum cleaners come with different types and settings in brush rolls. There are usually settings to differentiate between hardwood floors and carpets.
- You need to choose the settings based on the frequency in which you would vacuum and the different surfaces that you will vacuum.
- In recent days, the motorized brush roll concept has been introduced. Unlike older models where brushes rotate when you push the vacuum cleaners, the latest models have brush rolls that can operate independently and hence can lift more dirt.
The Right Attachments
- There is a wide range of attachments available with every upright vacuum cleaner these days. The bare minimum list should include furniture brushes, crevice tools, upholstery wands and hoses that are flexible.
- For determining if you need additional tools, take a survey of your home and identify the places where it would be difficult to clean. Based on necessity you can determine the tools you will need.
- If you are not sure even then, get a scheduled demonstration from your local dealer. Understand all the features and attachments that come with a particular model of an upright vacuum cleaner and then shortlist the right one for you.
Tips To Choose Best Upright Vacuum for Pet Hair/ Hardwood Floors
If you have pets in your home, then you are sure to encounter a lot of hair especially in fabrics like carpet and upholstery. It is very difficult to get rid of pet hair from your home. Choosing an upright vacuum cleaner with a motorized nozzle might be a good choice to pick embedded hair from carpets. This model is also ideal for deep cleaning and grooming of carpets.
Investing in a mini turbo brush can be handy for efficient cleaning of the upholstery. If you have bagged upright vacuum cleaners, the hair collected in the bag can arouse a bad smell. So it is important to get a bag with odor containing capabilities.
For low pile carpeting, a sponge mop can pick up pet hair left behind by your vacuum. Spray some water on the sponge mop and gently rub across the carpeted floor. Remove the fur that has changed to the sponge.
For removing pet hairs from hardwood floors, use a mop. First, wipe the floor with a microfiber dry mop that will capture most of the pet hair on the floor. Use a wet floor cleaner and a wet mop to wipe the floor again. This will remove any pet hair that was not captured by the dry mop and also provide a fresh smell to your home.
Tips and Tricks to Clean Home
- Trying to speed up the process of vacuuming to get the job done quickly will backfire mostly. Operating an upright vacuum cleaner slowly will allow it to vibrate the carpet and pick up more dirt.
- Similar to carpets, area rugs also need regular vacuuming to keep up the shape. A safe method to clean area rugs would be to start from the center of the rug and gradually move in circles towards the perimeter.
- You should also remove area rugs from home and dust them outside to remove extra dust. This routine should be done at least once in a quarter.
- It is highly to clean and vacuum your home at least once a week. If you have pets, then the frequency should be increased. In addition, it is also better to engage with a professional cleaning company at least once in a year to give a makeover to your home.
- Use household materials like baking soda, vinegar, and lemon to clean your home. It is safer to use organic compounds rather than chemicals especially when you have kids and pets.
- While vacuuming your floors, it is also better to clean the upholstery and other fabrics. The dust that rises from the carpet due to the operation of upright vacuum cleaners can also cling to the fabric surface.
After carefully considering the points mentioned in this guide, you should be able to finalize on the best upright vacuum that will suit your needs. However, before buying read reviews and consumers reports and take a wise decision, for buying an upright vacuum cleaner is a significant investment. For more details regarding Upright Vacuum Cleaner Tips, keep visiting www.bestuprightvacuum.reviews regularly.